Friday, December 24, 2010

And I'm out!

The semester is done.  Six months + in Moldova done.  Goals completed, more work added.  Probably a good time for reflection.  But a better time for vacation!

So with that, I scurried around my site for the past two days, saying goodbyes and reviewing where we'll start up again after the holidays are over and I return.  I've gotten very good at saying Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in Romanian over the past 48 hours.

Now, dear friends, I am off for my first vacation in 6.5 months.  I'm not taking my computer, so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me.  If there's time, I'll sneak in a blog or too of my travels.

The Plan

  • 12/24 - to Chisinau
  • 12/25 - to Balti
  • 12/26 - to Budapest via Iasi and Cluj, Romania
    • Chilling with Bill and haunting my old haunts
  • 12/29 - to Brasov, Romania
    • New Years, friends, Couch Surfing, and skiing!  (What more could I want?)
  • 1/5 - Depart for Chisinau, arrive in the wee hours
  • 1/6 - First bus back to site, in time for Orthodox Christmas on 1/7
That, plus the schedule for 1 of my trains is about as much as I have planned.  Wish me luck!

No comments: